Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Working Hard, Paying My Bills

Millions of people commute into NYC everyday, whether by bus, train, or ferry. My method of transpiration happens to be NJ Transit. Now for those of you who travel the traitorous hour or so commute, you know there is always that one day you have to get to the office, but alas a bus gets stuck in the terminal and the trip goes from a cool 40 minutes to over two hours. That was my morning, today out of all the days to be stuck with myself, thinking, replaying last night's break-up debacle, wishing to just get out of this dilapidated contraption and have some human interaction, this was the day the bus had to be stuck in the terminal. There is not much you can do when sitting in a little traveling cubical, except listen to music and look around you. That's when I saw it, the swirling clouds, the darkness that resonated with my charcoal heart, the beautiful scenery of New York City. The City, the land of dreams, whirlpool of culture that never sleeps. My beautiful home for 6-8 hours each day. Even in the darkest of times there is beauty in everyday life. Live, love, and share this beautiful and miraculous day, because even in sadness there is light.


On the way to Port Authority Bus Terminal - New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment