Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Door that Led Me to Happiness

Being newly, can I say newly if I finished school almost a year ago, graduated from college I have become another pawn in the game called "the real world." Working your average 9-5, paddling extra shifts on the weekend, and trying to pay off those awful student loans and endless amounts of debts. Yes, life may be rocky at times, but can also be quiet grand. You see my "average" 9-5 job is something of a magical place. A bilingual atmosphere of both Israeli and American culture, it's so easy to feel right at home. Morning coffee sessions with my boss as I update him on the happenings of my everyday drama-filled life. Walks around grand central, looking for that perfect puffy pastry to stuff my face with. Best of all it's the fact that my job helps millions start a new life, a clean slate, a new opportunity. A pivotal moment that will change their lives from ordinary to extraordinary. Leaving, often times, family and friends they once knew and immigrating to the beautiful, exotic, and glorious land of Israel. This is the door that leads me to work everyday, this is the door where the first Prime Minister of Israel is displayed front and center, this is the door that welcomes me home, the door that led me to the happiness in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment